Published on 19th February 2020
With Pancake Day last approaching we’ve got the perfect recipe from Conscious Chocolate for vegan gluten-free pancakes topped with banana, fruit and melted chocolate of your choice – enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 medium banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or other neutral oil like canola)
- 1 x 60g bar of Conscious Chocolate’s Orange and Tangerine (to be melted for the topping)
- In a small bowl, add flaxseed and 2 1/2 tablespoons water to make a flax egg; stir. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add non-dairy milk and vinegar; stir. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; stir.
- To the bowl with the milk and vinegar mixture, add flax egg, mashed banana and oil. Whisk to combine. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients; stir until just combined. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- On a greased griddle or skillet, add 1/4-cup dollops of the batter. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Repeat until all of the batter is used up
- Serve with maple syrup, sliced banana, berries and nuts but essentially melt a bar of Conscious Chocolate gently in a ban marie set up and pout over the stacked pancakes for full effect
There you have it Amorelles, the perfect recipe for our health-conscious readers! Who says you can’t enjoy Pancake Day whilst still sticking to the healthier food choices? Wishing you the yummiest Pancake Day to date, tweet us with your pics of your pancakes Amorelles ? @amormagazineuk
amor magazine, amormagazineUK, Featured, Foodie, Foodies Corner, Gluten-free, http://www.amormagaxine.co.uk, London, Pancake day, Recipe, Vegan