Mediterranean Halloumi Pitta with Harissa and Lemon Cous Cous
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 250g halloumi
- 200g cous cous
- 225ml boiling chicken stock
- 3 tsp harrissa paste
- 1 lemon – zest and juice
- 1 diced red pepper
- ½ aubergine diced
- 1 onion sliced
- 30g chopped parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pitta bread to serve
- Baxters Deli Toppers Red Slaw
1. In a frying pan sweat off the onion, garlic and harissa spice until softened without colouring.
2. Add aubergine and pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Tip into a deep bowl.
3. Add cous cous to the bowl and cover with the hot stock. Cover with cling film and leave in a warm place for 12 minutes.
4. Remove cling film and fluff up using a fork.
5. Add the lemon, parsley and pomegranate. Season and cover again.
6. Slice halloumi and cook under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until it turns crispy.
7. Serve the cous cous and halloumi in a lightly toasted pitta bread with heaps of Baxters Deli Toppers Red Slaw.
8. Finish off with a squeeze of lemon.
Recipe courtesy of Baxters Deli Toppers.
More in Foodies Corner
Emilia’s Crafted Pasta Address: Ivory House, St Katherine’s Dock, E1W 1AT www.emiliaspasta.com Tw: @emiliaspasta Cuisine: Italian FOOD: Nestled along…
Vegetarian Sausage Rolls Ingredients: Makes 4 4 Goodlife (Leek & Caerphilly Glamorgan Sausages with Wholegrain Mustard)…
SALMON POKE Ingredients (for one serving): 80g fresh salmon fillet (skin removed) 25g cucumber 25g avocado…
Iced Crabbie’s Cranachan with ginger shortbread thistles Serves 4. Best frozen over night Ingredients: 200ml of…
Chocolate Orange Cupcakes Makes: 12 Prep time: approx 30 minutes, cooking time: 15 minutes Ingredients: For the cakes:…
Inamo Address: 265 Hampstead Road, NW1 7QX www.inamorestaurants.london Tw: @InamoRestaurant Cuisine: Pan Asian FOOD: On our visit…
Marmalade Biscuits Makes 10 large biscuits Ingredients: 100g Duerr’s Fine Cut Sunny Seville Marmalade 100g unsalted butter…
We attended the 90minute cocktail making masterclass and wow did we have fun! Taking place in…
Chicken Traybake With Marmalade And Mustard Serves 4 Suggestion: serve with steamed green vegetables and homemade…
We recently organised a sushi making class with YO! Sushi in Baker Street and here’s our thoughts…