Whilst it may be September and the kids have all gone back to school the weather is still filling us with summer happiness. The sun has refused to let us accept that autumn is here and is continuing to shine as bright as ever casting heat on our days.
So why not make the most of the BBQ before you had back into the kitchen to cook stews?
The highlight of the BBQ? Burgers – for me anyway. A good burger is the easiest way to celebrate summer and why not make one for yourself? Don’t believe me? Read on for yourself these recipes are affordable and easy one for meat lovers and one for veggies.
Standard with spice
- Handful of mince (entirely dependent on how many you are making but a good handful is enough for one)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsps parmesan
- ¼ red onion.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients mixing well to ensure the mixture is stuck together.
- Shape in burger shapes on cling film and then carefully wrap them before placing in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Then remove and pop of the BBQ for 5 minutes flipping halfway through.
Tip: mix up your burger by making one thick patty and one thinner one, then using your fingers creating a dip in the thicker one and crack in an egg or fill with your choice of filling, then top with the thinner patty and grill.
- 62g mushrooms
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- ¼ red onion
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 100g chickpeas
- 1 slice of wholemeal bread.
- Finely chop the mushrooms, onion and bread (if you have a chopper you can use this if not just chop finely)
- Mix in all other ingredients and combine well smashing the chickpeas done so they go smooth.
- Shape into burger shapes and wrap in cling film, store in fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
Words by: @AmyJoannaTaylor
Drinks, Food, Wine
More in Foodies Corner
Emilia’s Crafted Pasta Address: Ivory House, St Katherine’s Dock, E1W 1AT www.emiliaspasta.com Tw: @emiliaspasta Cuisine: Italian FOOD: Nestled along…
Vegetarian Sausage Rolls Ingredients: Makes 4 4 Goodlife (Leek & Caerphilly Glamorgan Sausages with Wholegrain Mustard)…
SALMON POKE Ingredients (for one serving): 80g fresh salmon fillet (skin removed) 25g cucumber 25g avocado…
Iced Crabbie’s Cranachan with ginger shortbread thistles Serves 4. Best frozen over night Ingredients: 200ml of…
Chocolate Orange Cupcakes Makes: 12 Prep time: approx 30 minutes, cooking time: 15 minutes Ingredients: For the cakes:…
Inamo Address: 265 Hampstead Road, NW1 7QX www.inamorestaurants.london Tw: @InamoRestaurant Cuisine: Pan Asian FOOD: On our visit…
Marmalade Biscuits Makes 10 large biscuits Ingredients: 100g Duerr’s Fine Cut Sunny Seville Marmalade 100g unsalted butter…
We attended the 90minute cocktail making masterclass and wow did we have fun! Taking place in…
Chicken Traybake With Marmalade And Mustard Serves 4 Suggestion: serve with steamed green vegetables and homemade…
We recently organised a sushi making class with YO! Sushi in Baker Street and here’s our thoughts…