Published on 20th January 2017
Ingredients (for one serving):
- 80g fresh salmon fillet (skin removed)
- 25g cucumber
- 25g avocado
- 30g cherry tomatoes
- 25g edamame beans (peeled and frozen is fine)
- 15g baby spinach
- 15g rocket mixed leaf salad
- mustard cress & red amaranth (optional if you can find this) to garnish
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- salt & pepper
- 30ml goma sauce/dressing
- 3 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp mirin
- ½ tsp sesame oil
Goma dressing method
- Toast the white sesame seeds in an empty non-stick frying pan over a gentle heat, then cool.
- Add the cooled sesame seeds with the remaining dressing ingredients into a blender, and blend for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Prepare the salmon by brushing all over with vegetable oil and sprinkling with salt & pepper.
- Grill the salmon until crisp on all sides (roughly 15 minutes), and proceed with steps 3 & 4 whilst this is cooking. Once cooked put to one side to cool.
- Blanche the edamame beans in boiling water for 2 minutes, until tender (but not too soft). Once cooked put to one side to cool.
- Prepare the salad ingredients by washing, then drying in a colander.
- Place the dried spinach and rocket mixed leaf salad into a bowl.
- Slice the avocado and cucumber into cubes, halve the cherry tomatoes, and add them, along with the cooled edamame beans to the bowl.
- Mix all the salad ingredients together and drizzle with Goma dressing.
- Shred the grilled salmon with a fork, and scatter onto the salad.
Courtesy of inamo
Featured, recipe of the week
More in Foodies Corner
Many of us started cooking more in lockdown and experimenting with new recipes. However, cooking your…
There will always be one thing that will never go out of style, and that’s romance….
Yes, you read that correctly! These brownies could rival the so-called best in London. AiryCakes is…
We wouldn’t blame you if you needed a sugar fix during times like this. Since we’re…
Yes, you read that right! Here’s why it’s time you signed up for a lifetime membership…