Back to Foodies Corner Fri 30 Sep
Mediterranean Halloumi Pitta with Harissa and Lemon Cous Cous
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 250g halloumi
- 200g cous cous
- 225ml boiling chicken stock
- 3 tsp harrissa paste
- 1 lemon – zest and juice
- 1 diced red pepper
- ½ aubergine diced
- 1 onion sliced
- 30g chopped parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pitta bread to serve
- Baxters Deli Toppers Red Slaw
1. In a frying pan sweat off the onion, garlic and harissa spice until softened without colouring.
2. Add aubergine and pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Tip into a deep bowl.
3. Add cous cous to the bowl and cover with the hot stock. Cover with cling film and leave in a warm place for 12 minutes.
4. Remove cling film and fluff up using a fork.
5. Add the lemon, parsley and pomegranate. Season and cover again.
6. Slice halloumi and cook under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until it turns crispy.
7. Serve the cous cous and halloumi in a lightly toasted pitta bread with heaps of Baxters Deli Toppers Red Slaw.
8. Finish off with a squeeze of lemon.
Recipe courtesy of Baxters Deli Toppers.